Burnett Youth Hockey Association
COVID-19 Policy and Procedures effective 11/23/2020
This policy will be updated throughout the season per CDC, Wisconsin Department of Public Health, USA Hockey and WAHA recommendations
1. The use of face coverings, at all times in the arena, including practices and games by players, coaches, volunteers and spectators.
- All people entering the building 5 years of age or older are required to wear a face mask.
- If a player, coach, volunteer or spectator is not wearing a face covering they will be reminded to wear one and/or asked to leave the building. BYHA is trying to protect each player so we can all continue to play.
- In place of a face covering, there is an approved shield along with a splash guard that can be worn on the ice.
** Per WAHA- A parent or legal guardian can provide a specific doctor statement identifying the skater and the medical condition along with the reason for the skater not being able to wear a face covering during on ice activities.The parent or legal guardian must present to BYHA President and coach then keep that note with them at all times. We know that this might be an inconvenience, but it is a necessary one in the present situation. This only applies to on ice activities, a face covering is still required to be worn off ice.
2. All volunteers and spectators are required to sign in with name and phone number upon entering the building.
3. Please arrive at the rink as dressed as possible no more than 15 minutes early. Take ALL equipment with you after practice. Players will not be allowed to store hockey equipment in the locker rooms this year. The warm room is not a dressing area. LTS families can use locker room 1 and 2 to put skates on their child.
4. All locker rooms must be sanitized after each use. Parents/coaches (preferably the locker room monitor) will be responsible for spraying down the benches and the door handles after the locker rooms have been vacated. A pump sprayer and towels will be available in each locker room.
5. Every player is required to bring their own water bottle to practice.
6. Bathrooms will be accessible during hockey practices/games/open skate. They will be cleaned/sanitized as needed.
7. Spectators are limited at practice with limited seating in warm room. If a sibling must attend, please practice social distancing and do not allow children to run around, children should be with you. No playing in the back corner this year.
8. Every team needs to provide their own penalty box worker for tournaments. Teams will be asked to provide a contact sheet for the players/coaches before the start of any games.
9. If a tournament is cancelled due to covid-19, tournament registration fees are refundable (online processing fees are non-refundable).
10. Open skate is cancelled until further notice.
11. Coaches will have a seating chart for the locker room, this will help with contact tracing if/when needed. Coaches/team reps will maintain an attendance sheet.
If you are feeling ill—PLEASE STAY HOME
Skaters/coaches should not attend practices if he/she develops any of the following symptoms commonly found with COVID-19. Must be 48 hours symptom free.
- Fever, cough, runny nose, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea
If a player or an immediate family member is awaiting test results or has been exposed, please do not attend practice/games and notify your team rep.
* Thank you from the board, if you have any questions please reach out to a board member. We appreciate everyone’s patience through these difficult times. We all have one goal - let the kids play hockey!
Did you know that when you shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/39-1935267, AmazonSmile donates to Burnett Youth Hockey Assoc Ltd?
Registration for the 2020-2021 season requires attendance at a registration event at the rink. Please pre-register at www.burnettyouthhockey.com BEFORE attending a registration event at the rink. Registration events will be held at Lodge Center Arena.
Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Thursday, October 1, 2020, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 10, 2020, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
1) Register all skaters with USA Hockey at www.usahockeyregistration.com (USA Hockey Confirmation Number is required to register with BYHA)
2) Register with Burnett Youth Hockey Association at www.burnettyouthhockey.com
**STEPS BELOW ARE DONE AT REGISTRATION EVENT AT RINK**
3) Sign the Volunteer Requirements form
4) Sign Concussion Form
5) Sign Parent and Player Code of Conduct Form
6) Write a check dated 05/01/2021 for your winter volunteer hours and meat raffles
7) Write a check dated 11/01/2021 for your summer volunteer hours and meat raffles
8) Get your 50/50 raffle tickets 4-$25 each (requires full payment or deposit check)
9) Pay your hockey fees in full or set up a payment plan with the treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org), to be paid in full by December 15, 2020 (fees can be paid online with a credit card during the registration process for BYHA).
Lodge Center Arena
24185 1st Avenue
Siren, WI 54872
Burnett Youth Hockey welcomes you to register for our 2020-2021 Youth Hockey Tournaments!
Trophies will be awarded to the Champions, Consolation Champions, as well as the 2nd and 3rd place finishers.
We are looking forward to another fun filled winter of hockey. See you there!
Mitchell K Smith Jr. Gold
Level: HS B/C
December 11-13, 2020
Level: WI A- MN B
December 18-20, 2020
Level: WI 3B/4A - MN C
January 8-10, 2021
Level: WI 3B/4A - MN C
January 15-17, 2021
Level: WI 3B/4A - MN C
January 29-31, 2021
Tim McDonald Jr. Gold
Level: HS B/C
February 19-21, 2021
Anyone that plans to volunteer to work with the kids or on a board-approved position with BYHA this season must complete SafeSport and a background check. Here is the link for the background check:
SafeSport can be found on USAHockey: