The BYHA Board is currently keeping a close eye on the covid-19 situation with youth sports. We are particularly waiting to see what happens with high school football and volleyball. At this point, we have some general policies from WAHA that we will plan on using as a guideline. The plan is to have policies in place shortly after our September monthly board meeting. If it is decided that we cannot reopen our rink this season, we will refund your child(ren)'s registration fees in full (not including any online payment processing fees which are always non-refundable). We do want you to know that if anything happens mid-season we do have other refund plans in place. At this time, if the season is cancelled due to covid-19 prior to January 1, 2021, we will refund 1/2 of your child(ren)'s registration fees (not including online processing fees). Season cancellations after December 31, 2020 due to covid-19, or cancellations for any other reason will not result in a refund--registration fees are otherwise non-refundable. All online processing fees are non-refundable at any time.
It is 100% our hope that the rink will open again for the 2020-2021 season, but we need to wait to see what USA Hockey and WAHA decide.
We will update the website when we have more information on specific policies.
Registration for the 2020-2021 season requires attendance at a registration event at the rink. Please pre-register at www.burnettyouthhockey.com BEFORE attending a registration event at the rink. Registration events will be held at Lodge Center Arena.
Tuesday, September 22, 2020, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Thursday, October 1, 2020, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Saturday, October 10, 2020, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
1) Register all skaters with USA Hockey at https://membership.usahockey.com/ USA Registration Fee--$46, except birth year 2014 or later (USA Hockey Confirmation Number is required to register with BYHA)
2) Register with Burnett Youth Hockey Association at www.burnettyouthhockey.com
**STEPS BELOW ARE DONE AT REGISTRATION EVENT AT RINK**
3) Sign the Volunteer Requirements form
4) Sign Concussion Form
5) Sign Parent and Player Code of Conduct Form
6) Sign Waiver
7) Write a check dated 05/01/2021 for your winter volunteer hours
8) Write a check dated 11/01/2021 for your summer volunteer hours
9) Get your 50/50 raffle tickets 4-$25 each (requires full payment or full value deposit check)
10) Pay your hockey fees in full or set up a payment plan with the treasurer, to be paid in full by December 15, 2020 (fees can be paid online with a credit card during the registration process for BYHA).
Please make sure to bring your checkbook with; we need checks for 1) winter volunteer hours deposit, 2) summer volunteer hours deposit, 3) 50/50 raffle tickets deposit and 4) registration payments, if not paying online or with cash.
Registration Costs (2020-2021):
First Year: $0.00
If you would like to mail your check, please send to PO Box 82, Siren, WI 54872. Checks can be made out to BYHA.
Coaches have kept sports alive in 2020. Has your kid's coach helped them through this crisis?Nominate them for a chance to win $2500!